A healthy dish cooked with rice and green lentils served with pickle or dry vegetable.
- Cuisine Kashmiri
- Course Main Course
- Serves 3
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 20 minutes
1. Put 4 teaspoonful of cooking oil (preferably mustard oil ) in a pressure cooker and let it heat, add cumin seeds and roast them well.
2. Add moong dal to the cooker and stir it properly for 2-3 minutes and keep the flame on medium heat
3. Now add 2 cups of rice to the cooker and stir well.
4. Add turmeric powder, ginger powder and salt to it and mix again.
5. Add water.
6. Pressure cook it on high flame, when 1 whistle comes then change to low to medium flame for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Don't release the pressure. Let it come out of its own. Mong khetchir is ready. Serve with pickle, chutney or Aulo Mond (see my Aulo Mond recipe for this).