Lentils cooked with rice with authentic indian spices
1. Roast moong dal for 5-6 minutes on a deep pan or kadai without any oil
2. Wash the roasted dal with water and drain out the water. Keep it aside.
3. Wash rice with water and drain out water. Keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seed, red chili, bay leaves, cardamom & cinnamon( crushed).
5. Add ginger paste, chili paste and turmeric powder. Mix it well and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the rice and mix it well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add moong dal and stir for 1-2 minutes for proper mixing.
8. Add salt and water ( 1 liter) , allow to boil. Add ghee, garam masala and green chili.
9. Cover cooker with lid and cook till 2 whistle. Allow the pressure to release and open the lid.