Creamy and rich North Indian cottage cheese and spinach dish - Palak Paneer.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 8
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 35 minutes
1. Wash Spinach and put in boiling water for 2 minutes.
2. Once washed drain water, empty the spinach in a blender and reduce to a paste using a mixer (add water if required).
3. Finely chop the Onion, Tomatoes, Garlic cloves and green chilies.
4. Heat oil in a pan for 2 minutes, Add Cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and once splattered add finely chopped garlic. Add chopped Onions and little salt and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or till translucent.
5. Add Coriander, Cumin and turmeric powder and cook for 2 minutes. Add ginger paste and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add tomatoes and green chilies and cook on Low heat for 5 minutes till all ingredients blend together you can add some Chilli powder here.
7. Add Spinach paste, add some water and bring to boil once and add cottage cheese.
8. Add heavy cream, cook for a couple of minutes and add salt to taste.