This is a quick and easy yet delicious vegetarian recipe from Rajasthan. Papadum cooked in a yogurt based sauce.
1. In a bowl take curd, besan, salt, turmeric and red chili powder. Mix well and set aside.
2. Roast the papadum over an open flame. I don't have a gas stove, so I roast my papadum in the microwave. Make medium sized pieces and set aside. Traditionally moong dal papadum is used for this recipe. I like spicy papadum so I used red chili papadum. You can use any papadum of your choice.
3. In a pan heat ghee. Add cumin seeds, whole red chili cut into pieces and ginger and saute for a couple of minutes. Next add coriander powder and saute for another fe minutes.
4. Next add in the curd mixture. Stir continuously for 10 minutes or so till the besan is cooked and the mixture comes to a boil.
5. Turn the flame off, add in the papadum pieces and stir well in the mixture.
6. Serve hot with roti.