A typical Bengali preparation of Cauliflower cooked with poppy seed paste and kalonji
1. Soak 3 Table spoon of poppy seed in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain out excess water. Add Salt (to taste), 2 Green Chillis and blend to fine paste. Also, get the kalonji and the rest of green chilli available.
2. Cut Cauliflower and potato into medium cubes. Also, cut 2 green chillis length wise.
3. Heat Oil for 2 mins in a deep frying pan or kadai an add Kalonji (Kala Jeera).
4. Add cut potatoes and fry for 2 mins under medium flame.
5. Add the cut cauliflower and then add Turmeric powder (1/2 tea spoon) and salt (1 tablespoon).
6. Stir the content and mix well.
7. Turn the heat to low, Cover the deep pan or kadai with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Add Poppy Seed paste and mix it well. Cover the Kadai with lid and allow cooking under low flame for anther 20-25 minutes.
9. Add Salt to taste