Goan style potato chops with stuffed prawn or meat and fried .
1. Boil and mash the potatoes, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt & pepper to the potato mixture. Mix well & set aside. This should take 15 - 20 minutes in a pressure cooker.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, we can start with the stuffing, heat oil in a pan. Add chopped green chilies & fry well till they turn crisp.
3. Add the chopped onions & fry till transparent. Add the ginger - garlic paste & fry till the raw smell goes away. Add turmeric powder & saute for a minute. This should take 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes & remaining salt & fry well till the tomatoes turn pulpy. Add chopped prawn (or chopped meat), saute well & let cook till it is almost done. A
5. Sprinkle vinegar & garam masala powder & mix well. Turn the flame to high & saute till all the water evaporates & the prawn are well cooked. Add the coriander leaves, mix well & turn of the flame. Set the mixture aside to cool. Cooking times will vary based on the meat used with prawn taking the least time to cook.
6. Take the potato mixture (approximately the size if a huge lemon) & form it into a ball. Form the ball into a cup. Place about a 2 tbsp of the stuffing mixture into the cup & enclose the potato mixture. Shape it into a ball again and flatten it a bit. Do not keep a very thick potato layer.
7. If there are any cracks or if the mince is leaking out, just patch up the portion with some of the potato mixture. Flatten the ball into a round patty. Be sure to press it all together with your hands, so the patty stays hard while getting cooked in the pan.
8. Beat 2 eggs with a little salt. Roll the patty into the egg mixture & then coat it with semolina/ rava. Place the patty into the oil. Fry on medium heat till it turns light on one side (11/2 to 2 minute) & then flip the patty & let the other side brown well.
9. Repeat the process for the remainder. Make sure that in the entire frying process, you flip the patty just once. Be cautious as frequent flipping can crack or break the patty.
10. Serve hot with ketchup.