One of my own creations with two of my favorite ingredients... shrimp and papadum. A great Papad appetizer for parties with Goan prawn stuffing.
1. Add 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut and sauté for a few minutes.
2. Add salt, turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Next add tamarind paste. Saute the mixture for 3 minutes.
3. Add in the shrimp which has been cleaned and minced.
4. Saute the mixture till shrimp is cooked. Let the mixture cool.
5. Dip the papad in water to make it soft. Stuff the papad with the prawn filling.
6. Roll the stuffing in the papad starting from the sides as shown below.
7. Heat the oil. Deep fry the papad rolls. Keep a close eye since papad cooks really quick. Remove the fried rolls and set them on a paper towel.
8. Serve hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.