Ragda pattice is a popular Indian fast food or snack which forms part of the famous street food of Mumbai, India. A chaat prepared with dried white peas gravy poured over aloo tikki.
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Appetizers
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 45 minutes
1. Ragada: Take white peas, add water (almost twice of white peas), turmeric and salt. Cook white peas in cooker for 4 to 5 whistles along with the potatoes for pattice.
2. Mash the cooked white peas roughly and set aside all ingredients
3. Heat the cooking oil in pan. Add chopped onion and cook till golden. Add the chili, garlic and ginger paste to it and fry well.
4. Add turmeric, red chili powder & garam masala to the above mixture and mix well. Add tomato puree mix well and fry the mixture till oil starts coming out.
5. Add the mashed peas to the above mixture and mix well. Bring it to boil with little water. Add salt as per taste, jaggery and chopped coriander.
6. Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them finely. Add the cumin seeds, chilli paste, salt, chopped coriander, sugar, lemon juice, bread crumbs and mix well
7. Make the pattice. Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the pattice till golden brown on both the sides.
8. For garnishing: Prepare red chutney of tamarind, date seeds, jaggary and red chilli powder Green chutney prepared of coriander, green chilli, mint leaves and salt for taste Chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped onion, small bhujia/ shev
9. Place the pattice on a plate and pour the white pea gravy
10. Add the shev, chutneys , coriander leaves and ready to serve