A delicious Marathi curry made with red pumpkin or bhopla
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 4 minutes
1. Clean the red pumpkin, remove seeds. Cut it in small pieces (as shown).
2. Set aside all ingredients
3. Heat cooking oil in a pan, add mustard seed ,cumin seeds and asafetida . After splattering add crushed garlic , grated coconut ,red chilli powder, garam masala turmeric powder , poppy seeds and then steer it for a minute .
4. Add the cut pumpkin pieces into frying pan and steer for 2 minutes . Add Jaggery and salt in it and again fry for 1 minute.
5. Add water to it and cook it for 10 minutes.Ready to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves.