A dish specially made during fasts - sago cooked with potatoes and crushed peanuts
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 2
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 6 hour(s)
1. Soak the Sabudana in Lukewarm water for 2-3 minutes and rinse the water, keep aside for 6-8hrs (overnight).
2. Half boil the potato(up to 70-80% cooked), peel the skin off and cut them into small cubes.
3. Crush the Roasted Pea Nuts.
4. Heat the oil in pan(on medium flame), then add chopped chillies and curry leaves. Now add potato and fry them till light golden brown approx. 6-8 minutes.
5. Now add the sabudana and crushed Peanuts, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the salt and sugar mix well and cover with lid, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Sabudana Khichdi is ready enjoy with bowl of sweet yogurt.