This a simple Andhra style chutney with Bottle gourd lauki and Cilantro which is served as a side dish.
1. Heat half the oil in a pan, Add 1 teaspoon urad dal, fenugreek seeds, garlic, green chili and red chili and roast for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside.
2. In the same oil add the bottle gourd and turmeric, sprinkle a little water and let the bottlegourd cook until it is soft.
3. Add the chopped cilantro and saute until soft.
4. Let it cool and transfer the contents to a grinder and sesame paste. If using sesame seeds roast them in step 1 and grind.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the remaining urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves and let splutter. Transfer the mixture to the previously ground chutney