A simple and delicious north Indian dish which is made with Kala chana and aloo and infused with rich Indian spices and served rice or roti.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Grind tomatoes separately to make tomato puree.
2. Grind onion, green chillies,ginger and garlic together.
3. Heat oil in pressure cooker. Add bay leaves, black cardamom and cloves to it.
4. Add the paste of onion, garlic and ginger to it and stir unless gains a slight light brown tinge.
5. Add all masalas i.e. coriander, turmeric, cumin, red chilli, garam masala to it and stir for a minute.
6. Pour tomato puree also to it and leave for 2 mins.
7. Put potato cubes, salt, green peas(optional) and black gram to it (soaked overnight) and mix properly.
8. Put water and close the lid cook in pressure cooker for 15 minutes (till you get 5 to 7 whistles) the potato and grams should be cooked at this time and Not more than quarter cup gravy will be left.