A candy treat with leftover cake pieces great for parties and gifts
- Cuisine Other International
- Course Desserts
- Serves 24
- Method Microwave
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 30 minutes
1. Crumble the leftover cake pieces and keep in a bowl.
2. Mix the sugar and cream cheese and vanilla extract to a smooth mixture.Here my cake is not very sweet so i added sugar,if you have an already sweet cake,skip adding sugar in the cream cheese.
3. Combine the cake crumbles with the cream cheese mixture,add little by little until you are able to get a cake consistency to be able to roll it into balls,it shouldn't fall apart.
4. Make1 inch diameter sized cake balls and keep aside.
5. Place parchment paper/wax paper on a sheet tray.Now take the chocolate in a bowl and microwave it in 15 second intervals and stir until completely melted.
6. Now take a toothpick and stick it into the cake ball,dip the cake ball into the melted chocolate and rotate it gently so that it is coated evenly with the chocolate.
7. Gently place the coated truffle on the parchment paper.Gently pull the toothpick out and smear the chocolate on top to cover the toothpick hole.You can also drizzle extra chocolate on top to cover the hole.If you like you can sprinkle some sprinkles on top.Repeat for all the cake balls and let cool until the chocolate is hardened.
8. You can pack them nicely in a cute gift basket and gift it for baby showers or kids birthdays or make them on a birthday party or office gathering.You can use your favorite combination of cake and chocolate combinations. The cream cheese is really to hold the cake truffle from falling apart. Almond bark can be used as alternative to candy melts.