White pomfret with delicious green masala wrapped in a banana leaf and slow cooked for all the aromas to stay in... absolutely yum.
1. In a mixer, grind the coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, chillies,onion, cumin powder, coriander powder, vinegar, 1/4 cup water and salt to taste. Till a uniform paste is formed
2. With a sharp knife cut slits into the pomfret
3. Use a spoon and add masala into the slit cut. Then generously apply remaining masala on the pomfret
4. Then wrap the pomfret with banana leave and use toothpicks to keep in place
5. Then use a flat pan and cook the fish for approximately 5-10 minutes, flip the fish over and cook for another 5- 10 mins on the other side.
6. Unwrap the fish and serve with lemon.