Oysters cooked in a coconut based Goan gravy with potatoes.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Add garlic cloves and cook till slightly brown. Next add sliced onions.
2. Once the onions start to brown, add the coconut. Next add garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
3. Fry for a minute or so. Let the mixture cool. Once cool, transfer to a blender and grind into a coarse paste.
4. In the mean time wash, peel and dice potatoes. Immerse potatoes in water immediately to prevent browning. Also wash and clean the oysters.
5. Heat the remaining oil and add in the potatoes. Add the masala and let the potatoes cook. You can also boil the potatoes till half done in the microwave or on stove to speed the process.
6. Once the potatoes are done, add in the oysters. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add in the coriander leaves to garnish. Serve hot with bread, chapati or rice.