Rava upma is a South Indian delicacy that every house hold makes it at least once a week. An easy recipe to make it in 15 mins.
1. Cut onion and green chillies lengthwise along with ginger and curry leaves. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Once it starts spluttering add urad dal, channa dal and fry until it start turning into light brown.
2. First add green chillies, ginger and curry leaves followed by onion to the pan. Sauté it until the onion is light brown in color
3. Add cut carrot and peas with little salt. Once the peas is semi cooked add about 2 1/4 cups of water. Always add double the amount of semolina you are using and little bit more. As I have added one cup of semolina I have added about 2 1/4 cup water.
4. Once the water starts boiling add the semolina slowly and stir at the same time. Make sure there are no clumps. Keep stirring lightly to avoid clumps and getting burnt at the bottom. The semolina I use is for rava upma. You will find it in your local Indian super markets.
5. People serve this upma with different side dishes like chutney, yogurt, sugar or pickle. I have served it with pickle.