Aal yakhen made with yogurt and kashmiri authentic spices, served with rice.
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium to high flame. Cut bottle gourd in thick round pieces as shown in the picture.
2. Turn the flame to medium flame and put cut pieces in oil(not very hot oil). Fry them until medium brown in color.
3. Take fried bottle gourd pieces out in a container. Pour water in a separate pan and turn the flame on medium to high flame. Once water starts boiling, put cardamoms, cloves, cumin seeds and salt in water and let it boil for another 1 minute. Turn the flame to medium flame.
4. Now put yogurt in a separate bowl. Put fennel powder, ginger powder and gram flour in it and beat the mixture very well( make sure there are no lumps). Turn the flame on medium to high flame. Pour this mixture in the water(which is already boiled) by one hand and simultaneously continuously stirring it with other hand( If you won't keep on stirring continuously, the yogurt will curdle i.e it will separate into lumps). Let it boil well.
5. Then add fried bottle gourd pieces in curry and turn off the flame after 1 minute. Let the curry cool. Pour 2-3 teaspoon of oil over the curry and mix it. Aal yakhen is ready to serve.