Broccoli Cheddar Soup is a thick filling soup made with broccoli and sharp cheddar cheese and is a perfect meal when served with some toasted bread on a cold evening.
1. Wash the broccoli and pulse it in the food processor. You can make small pieces of the broccoli as well. Heat the butter in a vessel. Add the maida. Stir till the maida begins to turn slightly brown.
2. Add cream to the mixture. Stir continuously. Add the stock. You can add water as well if you don't have stock. You might have to whisk the mixture to get a smooth consistency.
3. Add in the broccoli and pepper powder.
4. Also add in the salt. Please adjust the salt per taste based on whether or not you are using stock and also based on the salt content in the stock you use. Add the sharp cheddar cheese as well.
5. Let the soup come to a boil. Please stir frequently since the soup is thick and could stick to the bottom. Serve hot with some warm toasted bread.