This is my twist to a popular dish at most Goan restaurants.
1. Clean and cut the squid in small pieces
2. Put the squid in a pressure cooker and add water. Pressure cook for 2-3 whistle. ( Note: The white sauce burns quickly so we need to pre-cook the squid. If you don't have a pressure cooker you can steam the squid or pan fry till the squid is firm and then add to the sauce)
3. Melt butter in a pan and add minced garlic.
4. Stir till garlic brown. Add the flour and mix till small flour lumps
5. Heat the milk and add warm milk to the pan with flour and simmer till even paste. MAke sure that there are no lumps left and a thick even sauce is formed.
6. Drain the water from squid and put in the pan and cover with sauce
7. Add pepper, chilli flakes and let it cook for 5 minutes. (You could add a little parmesan cheese if you like a creamier flavour)