Chicken cutlet with mashed potatoes and corn served with mayonnaise or ketchup.
1. Mix the minced chicken with turmeric, coriander, cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste and 1 tsp salt. Let it marinate for a few minutes 10-15 minutes i.e. leave until it is time to put in the pan.
2. Peel the potatoes and cook in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles( 20-25 minutes approximately), once all the steam has escaped, mash and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and finely chopped green chillies. Once they start the sizzle, add onions and stir fry till they turn translucent.
4. Now add minced chicken, salt and pepper to taste. Cook till the chicken is done for 10 to 15 minutes, keep stirring so chicken stays in its minced form and lumps are not formed. While stirring add a few teaspoon of milk this prevents lumps from forming.
5. Add carrots, corn and cilantro, cover and cook for a few minutes and leave aside to cool.
6. Knead the mash potatoes into the chicken mix and add salt to taste. Optionally add breadcrumbs if mix is too soft. Shape into round patties, dip in beaten eggs and finally coat with semolina (Rava).
7. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the cutlets till golden brown, drain excess oil on a paper towel and serve with ketchup.