A traditional dish with beef cooked in spices , broth and yogurt.
1. For the stock: In a pot add, garlic, ginger, one onion whole, coriander seeds , beef and 3 cups of water and boil for approximately 15-20 minutes.
2. In a pan add 1 tablespoon oil and add the chopped onion and saute till the onion is brown. Then remove the fried onion and place on a tissue paper to soak extra oil.
3. Blend the fried onion with the yogurt till a uniform paste is formed. Set aside and add green chillies to the mix.
4. After the beef boils use a spoon and remove the beef from the stock pot. Let the stock boil for another 10 minutes total of approximately 30 minutes). In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil and saute the meat. Add garlic to it and stir continuously till the meat begins to turn brown.
5. Use a strainer and filter the stock. Add the red chillies, stock, black pepper, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add the yogurt mix and salt to taste and let it boil for 5 minutes. Add the stock mix well and let the beef cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot with Roti or rice.