Peas and fenugreek (Mathi) cooked in cream and Indian spices.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 3
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 50 minutes
1. Clean, wash and chop methi leaves.
2. Grind onions, garlic, poppy seeds, cashew nuts and green chillies together to make a paste.
3. Grind Tomatoes separately to make tomato puree.
4. Heat oil in a deep pan, add cumin seeds, onion paste and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add all powders to the pan mix and then add tomato puree and let it cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Add green peas and mix.
7. Add fenugreek leaves, salt and a cup of water.
8. Add cream and mix, cover with a lid and let it boil for 8-10 mins on a low flame. Mix well and serve hot with chapatis, paratha or puri.