Green moong daal kofta made with kashmiri authentic spices, served with rice or chapati.
1. Soak split green gram in water overnight. In the morning drain off water and its skin. You have to fill water in the container(in which moong daal already is) again and again to remove all the skin. It will take 13-15 washes to remove all the skin. Dry out moong dal with the help of a tissue paper. Note: It is all right if you see some(very less) green skin left after 13-15 washes.
2. Grind the daal in a grinder( don't add water while grinding). Put red chilli powder(1/2 teasppon), ginger powder(1/2 teaspoon), crushed cardamon seeds(1), fennel powder(1/2 teaspoon), gram flour, 2 teaspoon cooking oil and salt in grounded daal and mix well.
3. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan on medium to high flame. Make small balls out of the mixture. NOTE: You can make cylindrical shaped koftas also.
4. Put the koftas in hot oil and after 10 seconds turn the flame on low to medium flame. Fry until brown in color. NOTE: Fry koftas for only for 1 minute otherwise koftas will turn out very hard. Take out koftas on a plate.
5. Cut one potato as shown and fry it until medium brown.
6. Now in a pan put some oil and let it heat on medium to high flame. Put cumin seeds in oil and let them roast. Add cardamoms and cinnamon sticks also.
7. Beat yogurt in a bowl. Add red chilli powder in oil and roast it well for 1 minute. Then add ginger powder, salt and feenel powder, roast them well. After that pour yogurt in pan with one hand and simultaneously keep stirring continuously with other hand until you see bubbles coming out.
8. Then add 2 1/2 cups of water. Once it starts boiling put koftas in it and cover with lid for 5 minutes on medium flame.
9. Koftas are ready to serve.