Moolyacho Ros is another simple yet delicious Goan curry that is made with radish and dal in a coconut based gravy.
1. Wash and boil the toor dal. Once the toor dal is cooked, add the diced radish and cook till done. Do not overcook the radish.
2. In the mean time, make a fine paste with coconut and kashmiri chilies and keep aside.
3. In a pan heat ghee. Add the asafetida and mustard seeds once hot. Once the mustard seeds stop spluttering add teflam. Crush the teflam before adding with a mortar and pestle to bring out the flavors. Now add the ground coconut paste.
4. Also add in the daal and radish. Add turmeric as well.
5. Add jaggery and salt.
6. Mix everything well and let it come to a boil. Enjoy with rice and pickle!