Potato and lotus root curry served with rice or chapati (Indian flat bread)
- Cuisine Kashmiri
- Course Main Course
- Serves 3
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 40 minutes
1. Take 2 lotus roots. If you are in US, u would find these in a Chinese grocery stores.
2. In a cooker heat oil. Put cumin seeds in it and let the seeds roast. Now add cut potatoes and shallow fry them for 5-7 minutes.
3. Once potatoes are fried take them out and put cut lotus root in cooker and shallow fry them also for 5 minutes.
4. Once lotus root is fried, put potatoes back in cooker and add all the mentioned spices. Now add water, salt and black cardamoms in it. Pressure cook it. (Normally it takes 10-12 minutes to cook on medium heat).
5. Nadur Aulo is ready to serve.