One of mom's special treats....prawns baked in a pie garnished with coconut
1. Clean the prawns and set aside.
2. In a pan, add a teaspoon of ghee, chopped onions and saute till it is translucent. Add the Prawns, Green chilli, Cumin seeds (Jeera), Cloves, Peppercorns, Garlic, Ginger, Red chillies, salt and sugar.
3. Let the prawns cook on medium heat till it is dry and then set aside.
4. In a bowl, take 2 eggs and beat well. Take the bread and break into small pieces in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add the beaten egg, cornstarch and grated coconut to the bread pieces and mix till a dough is formed.
6. In a baking dish, add a little ghee and dust with maida. Add a layer of the bread dough, then the prawns and another layer of dough. You can alternate with as many layers as you want.
7. Once the layers are done glaze the top layer with some egg yolk.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 F, Add the pie in it and let it cook for around 20 -25 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the pie is cooked..