A famous Marathi dish of Brinjal stuffed with roasted peanut powder.
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 40 minutes
1. Roast peanuts for a couple of minutes .Grind the peanuts into a powder.
2. Mix onions, peanut powder, garam masala, chili powder and 2 to 3 tsp of water to bring to make a nice paste.
3. Cut out the stem of the egg plant and vertically slit the egg plants in a cross like fashion a little over mid way through the length and stuff the egg plants.
4. Pour oil in the pan and fry the remaining mixture. Add chili powder and cook till the oil start to separate out for approximately 10 minutes.
5. Add the stuff egg plants to a pan and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes and add water depending on the amount of gravy required.
6. Add salt to taste, cover and cook on medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, Then poke with a fork to see if its cooked.
7. Serve with parathas or rice.