Potato patty made with onions and spices, served with tomato chutney or any other chutney.
1. Boil potatoes until soft inside. Drain the water and peel off the skin of the potatoes. Mash the potatoes well. Meanwhile chop onion very finely and mix with mashed potatoes.
2. Take pohe( you can find this in any Indian grocery store) in a cup, wash it and drain away the excess water out of it. Heat oil in a pan on medium to high heat. NOTE: You can use poha thick or poha thin whichever you want.
3. In a plate mix well mashed potatoes and onion mix with red chilli powder, chaat masala(you can find this also in any Indian grocery store), finely chopped green chilli, pohe, rice flour and salt. Make small patties out of it as shown. Now turn the heat to medium heat.
4. Put the patties in hot oil and let cook. Flip the side of the patties when one side is brown.
5. Take out and serve when both sides are brown.